ConVEx Baltimore 2023
Clock Icon 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Map Marker Icon Baltimore, MD
3 days of sessions, 15+ Sessions in the Technology Test Kitchen, content management solutions representatives, and the very best in industry networking, ConVEx Baltimore is designed with your specific needs in mind—providing strategies you can use immediately as you create and manage technical content.
For more information, including the latest in agenda and speaker updates, consult the conference website: https://convex.infomanagementcenter.com/
Title: Content at the Center
Speaker: Scott Farrar, Analog Devices Inc.
Analog Devices, Inc. is in the beginning stages of a digital transformation of its technical content. After increasing its product portfolio through acquisitions, wrangling content through department-specific workflows and tools, and fighting inconsistency, ADI has adopted a DITA-based CCMS as a central part of a new strategy for delivering its content to customers and reigning in its content challenges. Also discussed:
- A real-world example of the immediate benefits of adopting DITA and a CCMS
- How the right CCMS can help in automating and streamlining content processes
- The challenges of bringing change to a very large organization
Title: Where’s Waldo? Finding data with content
Speakers: Amber Swope, Principal Consultant, DITA Strategies & Leigh White, DITA Specialist, IXIASOFT.
Does your content contain part numbers, metrics, or inherited data? Many organizations don’t distinguish data and metadata from their content. When the values change, it’s like looking for needles in a haystack, which results in author inefficiency, inconsistent content, and value inaccuracy. Join Amber Swope and Leigh White as they share their strategies for separating metadata and data from content. Also to be covered:
- Criteria for distinguishing metadata and data from content
- Techniques for identifying and isolating metadata and data
- A path to maturity for better managing metadata, data, and content integration